Saturday, March 6, 2010

"It's My Heart", so we ran

Early Saturday morning Feb. 27th, my girls and I woke up to support a friend of ours, Melissa and her family. We woke up ready to walk in the rain for "Its my Heart" in Fresno but Mother Nature came through for us because despite my pancho covered double jogging stroller, the rain stopped just in time. The five of us, Melissa, Courtney, Julianna, Amaya, and I (Amy called to check in on us several times and totally there in spirit) walked that Saturday morning to support children born with Congenital Heart Defects, including Alyssa.

This Saturday morning was such an adventure, nevermind the 3 hour drive with the 2 kids, but supporting someone for something completely unselffishly. Congenital Heart Defects effect 1 out of 100 children, we weren't 1 but still effected in another way. I want to help make Melissa's voice louder, so I tweet about it, run for it, research it, and talk about it.

Melissa is a kindred spirit and each time I see her it feels like I am seeing my best friend. Melissa's daughter was born premature and with CHD, I urge you to read her stories at http://happymom4life.wordpress.com


Thank you @ThatGirl_D on Twitpic

2 comments:

  1. Dominique you rock!!! I was totally there and I missed you girls! I hope I get the chance to meet you in 5 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dom - I am in tears! Today has been a hard one, and although I have tears, this time they are happy tears. Your support has been amazing. You are an amzing person, mother and woman and I am lucky to have met you. Our family appreciates what you are doing. Thank you again for everything. And being by our side at the walk was remarkable.

    ReplyDelete