Monday, December 7, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

Well that's what the girls look like when in the stroller. We have the Maclaren Twin Triumph stroller; its the double side-by-side type. Most other parents, if in the market for a stroller, have asked why that type. The Sit n' Stand is very popular when you have children of different ages and the tandem stroller, the kids ride front and back, is generally always the least expensive.

There was a method to the madness of choosing which stroller would work best for my girls and many people have heard my philosophical answer behind the side-by-side stroller.

The side-by-side stroller gives my girls the advantage of approaching the world as a team together as equals. Also, I want for them to be able to see each other and hold one another's hand in moments when they would need support.

I can foresee times when someone will be ripping the blanket from another or the failure to share the bag of snacks becomes a world crisis, but that is when it is my job as their mom to teach them how to resolve issues they encounter. I will continue to convey the message to always remember they are a team despite differences.

As for now, Julianna picks up Amaya's pacifier and they share the blanket. Its working so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment